- This event has passed.
Tom Social Amazing Race
Love the Amazing Race on TV?
Tom Social is bringing the race to Brisbane and we want you to be part of the action!
You’ll compete in small teams, unravelling clues and completing mini challenges in a race spanning across Brisbane CBD.
Just like the TV show, there will be detours and road blocks to watch out for.
There will be prizes for the first team to reach the finish line and for the team who puts in the best effort.
It’s a fantastic way to explore the city, meet new people and enjoy the excitement.
We’ll celebrate afterwards with a delicious afternoon tea and refreshments in the park.
You can nominate as an individual and we will allocate you in a team, register your own team (4 to 6 people). You can also join in the fun by volunteering behind the scenes.
You’ll receive a full information pack on where to meet, what to bring and who is in your team a couple of days before the event.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, there will be a limited number of teams allowed, so don’t leave it to the last minute to nominate.
10 Key points you need to know before the race.
- Participants should meet at Queens Gardens (opposite the Casino) at 1pm to collect your team bandana and name badge
- Volunteer marshals are encouraged to arrive at Queens Gardens at 12.30pm for a top secret briefing.
- Race starts at 1.20pm sharp!
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes for walking
- We will supply water but feel free to bring your own
- We recommend either public transport or you can park in King George Square for $5 on weekends.
- Teams will be revealed on the day
- Afternoon tea will be provided at the finish line
- Awards ceremony will be during afternoon tea
- If you have any questions or concerns, please text Todd on 0400 126 054
- You must stay together as a team at all times and follow each clue card carefully
- You must travel everywhere by foot (no ubers, scooters or bikes etc)
- No running (even towards the finish line)
- You can only use Maps and the camera app on your phone – no googling for answers
- Be safe – follow all road rules (no jaywalking!)
Member – $6
Non-member – $16
Back stage volunteer – Free
Team registration (4 to 6 people)
Mostly members – $22
Can I participate if I’m not athletic?
Definitely! While there will be a fair bit of walking involved, you won’t need to be athletic. In fact, the successful teams will usually have a mix of ability including local knowledge, strategy, team players and street smarts. Also, you’re welcome to volunteer with us ‘behind the scenes’.
Can I be in the same team as a friend?
Yes. If you haven’t got the minimum number of four people but still want to be in a team with someone else, you can just include that on the registration form.
Can anyone be involved in Tom Social’s Amazing Race?
As this is a Tom Social event, our members are our priority, however, guests can still participate but must select ‘non-member’ when registering.
What if it is raining or there’s a storm on the day?
If there is adverse weather forecast, Tom Social will advise everyone by text message about the event being postponed.
How long will it take?
While we are still testing the game, we anticipate the game will take less than two hours to complete and then we can celebrate with a free afternoon tea afterwards.