- This event has passed.
Mt Cordeaux Hike
Mt Cordeaux hike update
– Small, separated groups on the hike (socially distanced)
– Details of all hikers must be collected
– No sharing of water bottles or food
– Group lunch after the hike has been cancelled
– Anyone with COVID-19 symptoms must stay at home
We recognise the Ipswich area as a potential hotspot and recommend those travelling out there not to stop at Ipswich.
We are meeting at Mount Cordeaux at 9.30am, Carpooling and Car convoying is from Barnes Place, Greenslopes at 7.45am.
Get ready to enjoy the spectacular views from the summit of Mount Cordeaux for the next Tom Social hike.
The walking track takes about 2 hours to complete and is 6.8km long with stunning views of the Darling Downs at the top.
Mount Cordeaux (1135m above sea level) is known to Aboriginal people as ‘Niamboyoo’. Branching off the Rainforest circuit, the track zigzags through rainforest to the exposed upper slopes, ending at a lookout on the southern side. The cliff face of Mount Cordeaux is spectacular in spring when the giant spear lilies are in flower.
There will be carpooling options available as the drive takes about 1.5 hours to drive there from Brisbane.
KEY EVENT DETAILS
– Mt Cordeaux is at Cunningham’s Gap, 1.5 hours drive south west of Brisbane.
– Meet at the Mt Cordeaux carpark at 9:30am. There is no phone signal at the base of the mountain.
– The hike is about 6.8km round trip and is great for beginner and medium-level hikers and consists of mostly steps and pathways (no vertical climbing).
– Car pool options are available from Greenslopes Busway we will be departing the Busway at 7:45am.
– Make sure you wear closed-in shoes and bring a water bottle and sun protection.
– Optional casual lunch after the hike on the way back to Brisbane.