Are you ready to get out there and explore the stunning South East? This is the first peak in our 4 peaks in 4 months challenge. The stunning 400m high Pages
Are you ready to get out there and explore the stunning South East? This is the first peak in our 4 peaks in 4 months challenge.
The stunning 400m high Pages Pinnacle is a hidden volcanic plug located between Springbrook and the Numinbah Valley. The hike follows along a fire trail gaining 350m in height in just over 3km, as you pass through dry rocky forests then into a more lush fern valley then through some wild grasses before coming out along the main ridge. So while this is not a long hike it is definitely a calf burner but the end view makes it all worthwhile.
We anticipate the hike to take around 3hours return which will allow for time exploring and taking in the view from the top. After the hike we will stop at a nearby town for an optional lunch.
This event is open to all members and guests interested in joining Tom Social.
TOM SOCIAL KEY INFO
– Please wear shoes suitable for hiking and with some grip
– Bring a water bottle
– Wear plenty of sunscreen
– You will need to use some upper body strength to hold on as we cross along the rock ridge. While it does look dramatic and a little scary it is easily doable.
– This hike may not be suitable if you are afraid of heights or cliff faces. You are still more than welcome to come along for the main hike and see how far you can get. It is only the final 200m or so that is along the ridge seen in the photos.
How to get there
– Car pooling options will be available leaving from Greenslopes busway. Leaving at 7:15am sharp.
– If you wish to self drive then please meet at 8:30am in the carpark at the start of the trail. Allow around 1hr 15mins to drive from Brisbane.
From the Brisbane, Take exit 69 and follow Nerang Murwillumbah road and turn left onto the Gold Coast Springbrook Road. Approximately 2-3 kilometres after the turn-off, there will be a car park on a long bend in the road. In google maps type in “Pages Pinnacle Approach Carpark”.
FIRST TOM SOCIAL EVENT?
If this is your first Tom Social event we will be in contact with you by text message before the event to ensure we can easily meet and introduce you to other members.
(Saturday) 7:00 am - 2:30 pm
RSVP to event
You must login to RSVP for this event Login Now
Ticket booking information
You must login to buy tickets! Login Now