Are you ready to kick-start summer with a hike up to the top of a mountain? We are heading to Mount Cordeaux at Cunningham's Gap for Tom Social's third hike. The walking
Are you ready to kick-start summer with a hike up to the top of a mountain?
We are heading to Mount Cordeaux at Cunningham’s Gap for Tom Social’s third hike.
The walking track takes about 2.5 hours to complete and is 6.8km long with stunning views of the Darling Downs at the top.
Mount Cordeaux (1135m above sea level) is known to Aboriginal people as ‘Niamboyoo’. Branching off the Rainforest circuit, the track zigzags through rainforest to the exposed upper slopes, ending at a lookout on the southern side. The cliff face of Mount Cordeaux is spectacular in spring when the giant spear lilies Doryanthes palmeri are in flower.
Depending upon how everyone’s feeling afterwards, we’ll most likely stop somewhere for an early lunch.
There will be carpooling options available as the drive takes about 1.5 hours to drive there from Brisbane.
For more information and reviews about the hike checkout this page: https://www.aussiebushwalking.com/qld/main-range/mt-cordeaux
TOM SOCIAL KEY EVENT DETAILS
- Mt Cordeaux is at Cunningham’s Gap, 1.5 hours drive south west of Brisbane.
- The hike (about 6.8km round trip) is great for beginner and medium-level hikers and consists of mostly steps and pathways (no vertical climbing).
- Car pool options are available from Fortitude Valley.
- Make sure you wear closed-in shoes and bring a water bottle and sun protection.
- Event coordinator is Todd Saunders who can be contacted on 0400126054 if you have any questions or need to change your RSVP at the last minute.
- Tom Social Members Code applies at this event.
FIRST TOM SOCIAL EVENT?
If this is your first Tom Social event we will be in contact with you once you RSVP to ensure we can easily meet you and introduce you to the group. We recommend joining a carpool to get to know a small group of hikers on the way before meeting the rest of the group on the mountain.
(Saturday) 7:15 am - 1:00 pm
RSVP to event
You must login to RSVP for this event Login Now
Ticket booking information
You must login to buy tickets! Login Now