Our first movie night of the year will be an epic clash of queens... on screen! join us for the movie at 4pm at Newmarket and then stick around afterwards for
Our first movie night of the year will be an epic clash of queens… on screen!
join us for the movie at 4pm at Newmarket and then stick around afterwards for a casual dinner.
“Mary Queen of Scots” explores the turbulent life of the charismatic Mary Stuart (Ronan). Queen of France at 16 and widowed at 18, Mary defies pressure to remarry. Instead, she returns to her native Scotland to reclaim her rightful throne. But Scotland and England fall under the rule of the compelling Elizabeth I (Robbie). Each young Queen beholds her “sister” in fear and fascination. Rivals in power and in love, and female monarchs in a masculine world, the two must decide how to play the game of marriage versus independence.
Determined to rule as much more than a figurehead, Mary asserts her claim to the English throne, threatening Elizabeth’s sovereignty. Betrayal, rebellion, and conspiracies within each court imperil both thrones – and change the course of history.
TOM SOCIAL KEY POINTS
- Our January movie is Mary Queen of Scots at Reading Cinemas Newmarket on Sunday, January 20.
- Movie starts at 4pm but please meet in the foyer of the cinemas at 3.50pm.
- We’ll then head to somewhere nearby for dinner and drinks afterwards.
- Please pre-purchase your tickets to the movies on tomsocial.com.au.
- Booking fee included in ticket price.
- Refunds only available until 8am Sunday.
- Event coordinator is Wade Harrison who can be contacted on 0419703988 if you have any questions or if you cannot make it.
FIRST TOM SOCIAL EVENT?
If this is your first Tom Social event we will be in contact with you before the event to ensure we can easily meet you and introduce you to the group.
(Sunday) 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
400 Newmarket Rd, Newmarket QLD 4051
Ticket booking information
You must login to buy tickets! Login Now