Join us on our second hike to Mt Maroon in the Tom Social 4 Peaks in 4 Months challenge. This 5km hike offers what some say are the best views over
Join us on our second hike to Mt Maroon in the Tom Social 4 Peaks in 4 Months challenge.
This 5km hike offers what some say are the best views over Lamington NP through Mt Barney, the length of Main Range and the Moogerah Peaks.
A fairly straight forward hike, we start from the base of Mt Maroon and then do a short but steep climb towards the peak before we come across a plateau that leads between Mt Maroon and Mt Barney and takes us behind the mountain before a gradual wrap around style track leads us to the summit at just under 1000m above sea level.
We anticipate this hike will take around 4 hours (90mins up, 60min back and plenty of time to explore the summit and take photos).
We will stop and have lunch after the hike on route back to Brisbane.
TOM SOCIAL KEY INFO
- Please ensure you are moderately fit to participate in the hike.
- Wear shoes suitable for hiking, this is a dusty trail so some of the paths can be quite slippery.
- Bring a water bottle
- Wear plenty of sunscreen
- Some light snacks will be provided during the hike.
HOW TO GET THERE?
- Car pooling options will be available leaving from Greenslopes busway. Leaving at 7:15am sharp. You are welcome to meet us there and follow on the drive down.
- If you wish to self drive then please meet at 9am in the carpark at the start of the trail. Allow around 1hr 30mins to drive from Brisbane.
- There is limited phone reception in these places so please if you are running late send a text or call Wade on 0419703988.
- From Brisbane I recommend taking the route heading along the Ipswich Motorway then onto Ipswich Boonah Road (this is a beautiful scenic road). To get back to Brisbane you can do a loop and head back through Rathdowney and Beaudesert.
- In google maps type “Cotswold Rd, Maroon” The trail carpark is located at the end of this road.
FIRST TOM SOCIAL EVENT?
Hiking is a great way to get to know other members.
(Sunday) 7:00 am - 2:00 pm
Cotswold Track - Mount Maroon Hike
Cotswold Rd, Maroon QLD 4310
RSVP to event
You must login to RSVP for this event Login Now
Ticket booking information
You must login to buy tickets! Login Now