- This event has passed.
Stanthorpe Winter Escape
Whip out your Winter woollies, Tom Social is heading to the gorgeous Granite Belt for a special weekend escape.
In a large group getaway, we’ve booked out multiple country share cabins right near the township of Stanthorpe, about 2.5 hours’ drive south of Brisbane.
We will also host a private three-course themed dinner party at an award-winning restaurant and winery right near our accommodation.
There are plenty of things to enjoy in the Granite Belt region including hiking at nearby Girraween National Park, winery visits, culinary delights, shopping at local markets and generally soaking up the amazing atmosphere you can only experience in country towns.
The weekend is Friday July 30 to Sunday August 1. We recommend taking Friday off work or leaving Brisbane before 1pm where possible.
- We are staying at the Murray Gardens Cottages and Motel, a 3 minute drive to Stanthorpe town centre
- Each cabin will share up to 5 people and is equipped with its own fireplace, bathroom, lounge, kitchen, microwave and fridge.
- Bedding options will mostly be single (including bunks), although there are some queen bed options (mostly for couples)
- Cabin allocations will be finalised closer to the event, although you can make requests when purchasing your ticket
- Food included in the package:
- A three-course dinner on Saturday night at Varia’s Restaurant
- A welcome BBQ dinner on Friday night
- Hot breakfasts on Saturday and Sunday mornings
- Snacks and hot chocolates
- Group games and activities to get to know other members
- Hiking and bush walks
- Visiting wineries and farm tours
- Sunset photos
- Trying delicious local delicacies like Stanthorpe’s famous apple pies
- Fireplace confessions
- $195 per person (includes single bed accommodation and meals)
- $245 per person (queen bedroom upgrade – limited)
- $375 for a couple (sharing queen bed)
- Non members – $25 extra
How to book
To secure your spot on the trip, purchase a ticket with a $50 deposit and then the remaining amount will be due by bank transfer by July 20. Please await your invoice which will be sent by email for further instructions.
Everyone who books a spot will receive a full information pack closer to the event which will provide details about car pooling options, activity schedules, menus, what to wear and what to bring and more. If you have questions you need answered before booking, please contact Tom Social organisers.
Update – July 10
Please contact Todd by emailing email@example.com if you have not purchased a ticket and would still like to join us.